Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back to life?

Yeah... So its been awhile...

Part of the reason is that my poor Charlie (thats my macbook) died suddenly one day, and I didn't get him up and running for 3 months. Part of the reason for that is at first I was broke, then my sis was gonna buy it as a xmas gift, then i was out of the country, then i sister needed to actually, you know, order it, then i had to connect it myself. That last one was a bit scary, cause even though Macs, as it turns out, are rediculously easy to DIY, I was still scared that i would somehow screw up so completely that my mac would never survive... But I did it! Charlie is back and I am so happy about that! even if it is back to Tiger since thats what was current when I bought it, and I can't get it to Snow Leopard cause the disk was my friends and she can't find it, and I no longer have Microsoft Word cause another friend had that one, and she can't find her disc either... I'm gonna save up money for Snow Leopard at least cause a lot of my old applications like Evernote (which is awesome) need Leopard or Snow Leopard to operate...

Besides my computer woes, there is the fact that my life is ridiculously basic right now, all I really ever do is go to work... I have gone out with the girls quite a bit recently though, but in general there's not much going on in my life.

Speaking of the girls, I'm going out with Robin, Jen, and (maybe) Twin tonight to the AMC Theater at Downtown Disney cause for Vday they are having special screenings of Casablanca from now till the 14th! I love that movie, and its gonna be sweet to watch it in the big screen!

What else is going on? Well school starts next week on Tuesday. The only class i'm really looking forward to is my Geology class with one of my fave profs. A class that includes a camping trip to the Anza Borrego Desert. Its not quite Death Valley (which is awesome) but its still the desert, and i adore desert camping.

This Saturday morning is our restaurants Employee Appreciation Meeting. We get a nice breakfast spread, and a chance to gamble for raffle tickets that go to many many prizes! This year everything is shrouded in mystery, unlike last year where we already knew some of the prizes... We also have the Yearly awards for the best host, server, busboy (Service Assistant of SA), bartender, and takeout. And this is not vanity but at the very least I'm a top contender, even if i don't get it. I bust my metaphoricall balls at that job- going above and beyond as often as i am able too. At the very least I can safely say that I always do my job to the very best of my ability (whatever that may be) while some of the other hosts just breeze on by...
But really its not so much about the award ceremony (though i'd love to win) as it is about the raffle prizes (last year one of the prizes was an XBox 360- i'm hoping this year there's a Wii for me to win...), the blackjack table, and the awesome breakfast spread (the omelets from last year were SO GOOD!). Its also pretty great that i'm not the host who has to work right after the meeting, i don't come in till 5pm so i get the day after to do stuff.

Stuff which thankfully do not include cleaning my room, cause (drumroll please) for the first time in like 1/2 a year my entire room is clean! dusted, vacummed, and reorganized!

OK, well not comepletely reorganized cause now that my roon is clean i want to do some early spring cleaning with tossing things out that i don't use anuymore and once again my bookcase has turned into part filinf cabinet.

But Still! i can see the wood surface of my desk!!! Thats a big thing for me!!

Ok dinner time for me. Hope this post hasn't bored you. I'll see you soon!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line and save a kitten... or you know, make a fangirl happy.