Monday, February 22, 2010

And the Award goes to...

So the Employee Appreciation meeting came and went. Sadly I did not get the Host of the Year award which, you know, totally bites. But what can you do? At the very least I did get a few servers who came up to me and told me that they believe I should have gotten that honor, which in a way is more satisfying then the award because the managers don't see everything but the servers know which hosts they like having around to seat their tables, so the people who's shift is dependant on how well I work think I do a bang up job.
I did manage to win a raffle and walked out of the meeting with $10 for itunes and $25 for target. I was hoping for the $100 American Express card or a bottle of Petron... but I did get a new CD off itunes so yay! Plus we spent the morning gambling and I turned a 100 chip into 700! I LOVE BLACKJACK!

So work: the girl who got Host of the Year chose that same day to inform everyone that even though she was scheduled to work the long shift (and the one with the most responcibilty IMO) on Valentine's Day she was not going to show. So everyone who was scheduled that day had to work a double shift... yeah, right now she's not the most popular girl at the host desk...

Anyways work is work, but they give me good hours so I'm one of the few who works 5 days a week... I mean it sucks that I no longer have a weekend cause I work Friday nights, Saturday nights, and Sunday nights, but I still have thursday nights and i have a bit of extra cash too!

School started last week. I'm enrolled in Health class and Geology class. I sadly did not get into my speech class, oh well. And I decided spur of the moment to try to get into a Shakespeare class but its looking a bit dire right now... I'll find out tomorrow I imagine...

I'm really excited about my Geology class because it includes a 4 day camping trip to Anza-Borrego (desert!) and let me tell you, i have been jonesing to get out of the city for a bit. It sucks being able to see the mountains so clearly and not be able to be in the mountains... :(

So not much going on in my life, I passed the written portion of the drivers test So i have a permit! I'm hoping to take the Driver's Test in March! Mostly just so I can get to Disneyland soon! I REALLY want to go!!!! its been 3 weeks!!! haha, i'm so obsessed!

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line and save a kitten... or you know, make a fangirl happy.