Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Take Out F.I.N.A.L.S. (or Frak I Never Actually Learned This Stuff)

To work as Takeout at BJ's I have to pass three tests. The haredest one (that I thought I'd majorly screw up on) was the food final. This 99 question test had obvious questions like how many wings come on the appetizer plate, or at what temp (for lack of a better word) do we cook our burgers. Things like that are basic, then there's questions like: Here's a list of ingrediants, which salad is this describing? And our salads have things like red onions, or green onions, sometimes different sauces/dressings or a blend of one, or the meat is cooked in a specific way. And these are a bit tougher cause there are obvious food items like meat or a specific dressing but not all of the ingrediants are obviously one type of salad or another... ask me to list which salads have red onions and which don't and i draw a blank... Thankfully it was a multiple choice test and I passed with 92% (I needed 90% to pass) So I have one more day of training in Take Out and then I'm officially cross trained So I can get scheduled as a Host or as Take Out, and I'm hopefully one step closer to becoming a server.

Of Course, its almost expected that I'll become trained as take out right before I leave for Anza-Borrego State Park for my Geology lab class... I'm gonna be gone for 4 days and when I come back I'll have forgotten everything and my managers will decide that I'm not a good fit for take out and maybe it was too soon to sort of promote me... OK so maybe not, but still it'll be 4 days that I don't get more practice.

In any case I am extremely excited about camping! I love camping in the desert. The weather has been mostly 80's but the rain here has made the temps there lower to 70's which is still nice, but it also means the the nights still dip into the 50's which sucks. I still think it sucks that I get the option of drinking every night taken away from me and replaced with copius amounts of notes (My Geo Prof is a HUGE structual fan.)

So recently My friend told me about a web comic that has fun with Epic Fantasy Aventures like LOTR made popular. It's called Looking For Group. And it is AMAZING!!! Cale may be the protagonist of the story but Richard is Barney Stinson to Cale's Ted- he ALWAYS steals the show. For such an evil guy he rocks! (Or is it that he rocks because he's so evil?)


Here watch this video Where Richard sings a song in the tune of "Part of your World" except its called: "Slaughter your World"



And if you liked that then start at the beginning of the comic HERE

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line and save a kitten... or you know, make a fangirl happy.