Monday, April 19, 2010

Back Home, Bedroom Woes, LATFoB

Hey all!
So My Spring Break is over and done with, and its back to school. Spring Break was spent in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park with my Geology class, in what was basically an extended Lab. Some of the notes were interesting and some were deathly boring, but the Hikes were awesome! There was one hike where we traveled to a palm grove that was being fed from a spring. The best part there was an area of water that was about 3 ft deep, so what started as going in to just wet my legs turned into me jumping in fully clothed! And the water obviously felt great, and it was something so spontaneous and comepletely unlike me, but well worth it!
There were also a couple of F-16s flying by which, added with seeing the bad land topography that was used for the Soarin' Over California ride at Disney's California Adventure and at Epcot in Florida, made me wish I had the ride's soundtrack playing on a loop! I love camping in the desert, and although AB has Nothing on Death Valley, its still a great place to visit!
So before I left for my camping trip/really long lab class I had to completely empty out my bedroom because Dad was getting me new flooring, a new bed and a new dresser. He was gonna use the week i was gone to finish that up, the idea being that when I get back I would have my room all set up... except it totes wasn't. Just the new floor, but no bed and no dresser. My books and my desk, and basically everything else thats mine is either in the back yard or in the living room... My dad put in a mattress in the room so that i can sleep but other then that i don't really have a room now... which really sucks. I get home, and instead of heading to my room to go online or watch a movie or change or anything, I'm kind of stuck in the living room doing nothing... sigh.
Having a space to be completely alone is important to me, and i don't have it- I'm like a dog who's had their food bowl moved.
Some better news is that this weekend is the LA Times Festival of Books! I love going there every year! On Saturday I spend the whole day there alone checking out authors and stalls I want to see and not worrying about other people wanting to do other things... And on Sunday I go again after Mass, with my younger cousin Elizabeth who loves reading as much as I do! She looks forward to that as much as I do!
I still don't know which authors will be there, so i need to check cause if its someone I live I like taking my books there so I can get Author signatures! I also love finding new books that I never heard of before. LATFoB is responsible for introducing me to Terry Brooks and Steven Brust, I got to meet Kevin Smith and Wil Wheaton and its just a nice weekend with nothing but books, how can that turn out sucky?

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line and save a kitten... or you know, make a fangirl happy.