Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Great Rewatches

Hey guys!

So I've been going back and forth with the idea of a rewatch. I did quite a bit of Doctor Who but as soon as I got to season 4 it got hard. The next episode is Turn Left and I can't get myself to press play. I love Donna and I love The Doctor, but I especially love them together and I absolutely believe that their friendship is the reason the ten became my Doctor despite meeting nine first.

So not ready to say goodbye again I turned to the other 2 fandoms I wanted to rewatch: Harry Potter and Smallville. I have the same problem with both that I did with Doctor Who: I'm not ready to say goodbye. Despite the fact that I had 10 wonderful years with both I still didn't want either of them to leave. I've only seen HP 7 1+2 only once each: midnight showings opening day, and Smallville Seasons 8,9, and 10 have been bought but still unwatched. I mean, I saw the episodes weekly but when the seasons were released on DVD I usually automatically do a rewatch but I hadn't for those seasons despite being absolutely fantastic. But since I had already marathoned How I Met Your Mother I needed to suck it up and watch something. So I ended up with smallville. Since I've rewatched season 1 so many times and my firend Ashlyn has my season 2 (also rewatched countless times) I decided to start on Season 3. It's fun to see Lex again, and the Magnificent Bastard the Lionel Luthor was back then. Lana isn't nearly as annoying as she later became, and seeing Pete "The Boss" Ross was just weird. And, of course, I love, absolutely Love Chloe, and seeing Jonathan and Martha again just brings a smile to my face even though I keep flashing forward to season 5, especially after Jonathan's heart attack.

I know eventually I'll have to suck it up and say goodbye to 10 and deal with all those deaths in Harry Potter. But right now, I'm just happy seeing Clark Kent, little by little, adventure after adventure, become the Man of Tomorrow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line and save a kitten... or you know, make a fangirl happy.