Friday, September 11, 2009

Fanfiction

I think this is where my fangirl personality really started. Junior year of Highschool, waiting eagerly for the 5th Harry Potter book, one of my friends showed a rather smutty (and slash) fanfic. I had never really heard of people writing stories using characters the already existed. I went online more and more following this discovery looking up story after story. Really it was those fanfics that got me more comfortable with the internet, more likely to kill time by clicking around. And after that, every new topic of interset led me online to search. From fanfics to fansites to news sites to forums. From Disney to Heroes and comicbooks, to apple keynote speeches and various bloggers and vloggers. Everything that has me squeeing led to a new bookmark which turned me even more excited and more obsesive. The internet is a great way to keep obssessions alive... and it started with a fanfic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line and save a kitten... or you know, make a fangirl happy.