Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beach Day!

     I'm sorry, but when you go to a bookstore and the first words out of your mouth are "I don't know the title of the book or the author's name..." please just go home, go online and do some freakin' research! A bookstore is a place of business, not your own little living yellow pages.

     I also had one guy get mad when the book he was looking for wasn't in hardcover format but paperback. His words were: "You sent me to the section, but they didn't have the book, all they had was the paperback!" Apparently paperbacks aren't really books... then he goes on this rant how why would he want to spend his $ on a POS thats just gonna fall apart anyways, and why do they even make paperbacks?
    
     I really wanted to snap back that, one, he didn't tell me he wanted a hardcover so how the eff am I supposed to know he wouldn't want that version. Two, some people prefer paperbacks and some are trying to spend within their budget and $30 is a lot for one book. And three, please stick to shopping online cause you're annoying. Sigh, people sometimes...

     Thankfully no one else gave me any grief during my 4 hour shift. I guess its good that I got my one douchey customer out of the way in the first half hour of my shift...

     Before work I went to the beach! It was awesome, and the first time this summer (that never was) that i actually went into the water, which was FREEZING!!! Seriously, it was like water in early may since the weather hasn't been all that hot the ocean hasn't heated up any. It took awhile but Cassandra and I finally got in all the way (Crystal was way ahead of us...) and it was fun! I mean it was still freezing, and my toes got numb a bit (and then they started to hurt a bit) but it was nice to in the big old blue again! We even saw some dolphins swim lazily across the beach, one even jumped out of the water a bit! I swear it never gets old seeing marine life especially the cute ones like dolphins and and sea lions! But even the scary ones like sharks, jellies, and rays are cool (from an aqaurium, of course).

     Hopefully, this won't be the only beach trip of the year, but knowing how cold the water is, I know I'll have to practically force myself  into the waves!

     Tomorrow I work both jobs, thankfully they're spaced apart far enough that I won't be rushing from one job to the next. Not so thankfully, my job at Barnes and Noble starts at 6am... how do I get myself in these situations?! oh, right, I have no spine... plus I could totally use the extra $ on my paycheck...

     DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line and save a kitten... or you know, make a fangirl happy.